Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 193: March 8th, 2010

Quote of the Day: "No objects of value are worth risking the priceless experience of waking up one more day. "  - Jack Smith

Spring has sprung in Texas. I have little bunches of flowers in the front now.  At first, the blue anemones came poking their heads out, and now I have both blue and pink ones. And they're soooo pretty after all this horrible, nasty weather we've been having.  My hydrangea is starting to leaf out, too!  And the roses have all started getting their new red leaves, so they'll be all bushy real soon.  I think I should probably go out and put fertilizer on my magnolias and my azalea here real soon, to give them a fighting chance this year.  I don't know what to do about the magnolias, though... they do not like the spot they're in for some reason.  They were really dark green and thick when I planted them, but within a month the leaves started yellowing, and then over this winter they have lost all their leaves but the outermost. I may have to move them, but where is a whole different ballgame.  Not sure if they need more sun, or more water, or less water, or what.  Since I've never grown them before, it's going to be like playing Russian Roulette with them.  I'll do some research over spring break and see if I can figure out what to do with them. 

Today we had a small little thunderstorm come through, just enough to make it interesting. I really have missed those, and it was warm enough to NOT have to wear thermals under my clothes, which was even better. I'm thinking that we're in for a wild spring, though, after our wild winter we just had. Isn't that usually the pattern?  The way I see it, for the past three years I have taken spring photos of funnel clouds that don't touch the ground and become tornadoes until they are past us, so I'm going to have the windows cleaned and the tripod ready so that I can do some more this year. I'd love to be able to take pictures ( and video ) of an actual tornado, but I really doubt that will happen here. We just don't ever seem to be that lucky.  Although most people would actually say that's a good thing. I'm sure they're right, too, but there's always that part of me that has been fascinated with them for like forever.  So as long as it doesn't go near anyone or anything, and stays out in a field somewhere, I say BRING IT ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment