Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 161: February 4, 2010

Quote of the Day: "To love is to place our happiness in the happiness of another." – G. W. Leibnitz

Today was a really AWESOME day at clinicals!  It started out pretty badly, because even though I took the time to change the alarm clock to the time I needed to wake up I forgot to turn the dumb thing on. Okay, maybe I'M the dumb thing, but still... I sat straight up in bed at 5:45 this morning in a panic because I was supposed to be in the parking lot at the hospital between 6 and 6:10am. Needless to say I did the fastest job in history of getting dressed and out of the house, thanks to my having already gotten together all my materials for today ahead of time. It was a BIG help!

Once I got to clinicals I really lost track of time, and it was great. I had only one mother-to-be to care for, but spent a great deal of time watching the monitors when I wasn't doing paperwork or caring for her, just hoping that she would have her baby while I was there. WHICH SHE DID! I got to be in the room while the baby was born, and it's totally different from that perspective than it is from the Mom's perspective. It was great to see things that I missed the first two times around. Like, for instance, those babies are really slippery when they come out! I had no idea of that. I had heard stories, of course, but had never seen how hard the doctor has to try to catch the baby. I can imagine how easy they are to drop... what a nightmare that must be!!! But it was a really great day, and I even got told that I did a great job of cleaning up the mom after the birth was over. I know it doesn't SOUND like something to be proud of to most of you, but to me it was great. I really just spent the entire day being fascinated by this or that, and it was great. I was also impressed by how much I remember from when I had Cody and Damien. I think that is going to be very helpful during this semester, more than anything else. I'm very, very excited about the rest of the clinicals now... why couldn't we have done these FIRST??? I think school would have been a lot easier that way!

Cody is up to his usual trouble... he called me to ask me to bring him pants and shoes because he stepped in a puddle over at his friend Caleb's house and was cold. So I went into his room to grab his things for him and found that nearly every pair of pants the boy owns is dirty! He had exactly three pairs of jeans in his closet, and evidently they are only there because they don't fit him anymore!!! So I got really ticked and told him that he is going to stay at home this weekend and do his laundry OR ELSE. I'm sure that means that he may get one or two loads washed and then thrown into a pile to dig through when he wants clean clothes, but I'm not sure how to remedy that little problem, short of holding his hand every minute of every day. I just don't understand boys, they're so darn sloppy!!! Girls aren't like that! My clothes had to be all hung up nice and neat, and color-coded so that I could get up, get dressed, and get out of the house as quickly as possible to spend time with my friends! I'm sure that my mother would probably say something different, but that's how I remember it. Then again, if you had just cleaned the entire house but left a Coke can on the coffee table the house was a mess, in her opinion. She was a tough one to please, for sure! I wonder if she wasn't a little O.C.D.?

Tomorrow I have to get my laundry put away, get the house cleaned up, and get ready for study group this weekend. It's the only time that all four of us can get together, because Laurie works on Friday, and Carol Ann works on weekends. So it's a nightmare trying to coordinate study days and times. I think I'll be taking tomorrow to try and put together some note sheets for everyone that will help us all to study really well for the test. It's not until the 17th, so we have a little bit of time still to get ready for it. Thankfully, of course, because we have a lot of homework to do in addition to that study time! Just a little longer, May 15th is right around the corner... as long as we pass our tests then we'll be done with this part of our lives. Bring on the NCLEX, we'll be ready by then! (Please, God???) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment