Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 145: January 19, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius


Never, ever attempt to make split pea soup in  a crock pot! I had it cooking all day long, and the peas would never get to a good consistency... some of them are mushy, and some of them are still chewy. UGH!!!! At least they taste alright, that means that I figured out the right ingredients to use. NOW I just need to make it on the stove next time.

Today was spent mostly doing laundry and trying to get things in order to go back to school tomorrow. I don't feel like I did a very good job of it, though. I've been so tired all day that it feels like it's hard to keep my eyes open. I don't think I slept very well last night. And it's been really cloudy out, too, so that helps to make me tired as well.  They say we might have thunderstorms tomorrow, but we'll see if that happens or not... it's been sprinkling all afternoon. I guess there's a possibility, but it doesn't really feel like it. Then again, the highs have been in the 60s the last couple of days, which has been a welcome break from the freezing cold.


Incidentally, this happened when I was washing dishes this morning.... I just looked down and there it was. I figured it'd be a good thing to put on here in honor of the upcoming holiday!  Here's to thinking of you, Ron!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment