Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 147: January 20, 2010

Quote of the Day: "It is loneliness that makes the loudest noise. This is true of men as of dogs." ~Eric Hoffer

Wow! I actually finally got all the inside Christmas stuff taken down, AND it's all put away where it belongs, too! Well.... almost. There is ONE bin that Cody and I just could not lift into the attic by ourselves, it was just too big, bulky, and heavy. So we'll get that one up there the next time Damien shows up here.  It's just hanging out in the garage right now, so it isn't in the way or anything. I figure it's as good a place for it as anywhere, right?

Had a great drive to Vernon this morning. The girls and I talked and joked a lot about this and that, and tried to avoid a lot of the more serious topics because we were all still half asleep.  When we got to Vernon we were a half hour early, so we decided to go to WalMart for a bit. It was kind of funny, because this older guy in a work truck was broken down in the entrance, and we offered to help, then as we pulled away we realized how absurd that was: a carful of four women offering to help. Just what were we going to be able to do, anyways?

Orientation was pretty good. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about htis rotation! How fascinating the human mind is, and at the same time how fragile.  They did a very good job of explaining to the group how dangerous your time there can get. I noticed several people's looks of complete astonishment when it was mentioned to avoid hoodies with strings that can be used to strangle you. Not a lot of people think like that, so it was an eye opener. And, the things they can use to make weapons! There is definitely not a lack of creativity in the bunch.

I'm a little worried that because of my background I don't have enough fear like I should have. Why is it that it seems like everyone else is scared of this rotation and I'm excited about it? I'm not a brave person by any means, so is it that I'm stupid? Will I end up making some bonehead mistake due to my lack of fear? Or maybe that's the wrong choice of word, maybe instead of a lack of fear (because I'm always afraid of something), maybe I lack a healthy respect for it.  I just wish the rest of my group was as excited as I am  so that I wouldn't have to feel so isolated by my excitement. Or maybe I'm just a little crazy myself? After all... I AM going to nursing school!   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment