Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 127: January 1, 2010

Quote of the Day: "The goal of an effective leader is to recondition your team to be solution focused rather than problem focused." - Jim Rohn



Today was a really good day of cooking.  I cut veggies from noon until five.... then was FINALLY able to start cooking the chowder. YUM!!!!! I ended up feeding four kids tonight, PLUS me, and still have 45 cups of it left over to freeze. YAY!  And I tried the bread bowl recipe, too. It was really tasty, but my yeast expired in September, so the bread did not rise quite like it should have.  As a result, the bowls were a little small, and would only hold about a cup of chowder, but they held up just fine enough to pour in a second helping of chowder once the first one was eaten.  I'll make them again with NON-expired yeast before I decide whether to change the recipe to allow for less, but larger, bowls.


I did absolutely no exercise today whatsoever, and only drank one glass of water, so I will probably be up in weight tomorrow morning.  Oh, well.... I can handle that. Eating at 9pm tonight will also not help me with the weight loss department.  But it sure was worth it!!!!  And if I'm really lucky, there's going to be some left when Ron gets home so that he can have some too.  It is really, really great for these cold days. And just in time, too, because now I'm starting to get the runny nose... here comes my Christmas cold I get every single year.  At least I wasn't sick ON Christmas this year.  Or for New Year's.


No comments:

Post a Comment