Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 125: December 30, 2009

Quote of the Day: "As a leader you should always start with where people are before you try to take them to where you want them to go."  - Jim Rohn

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY BABY FOR PASSING HIS 5TH AND FINAL TEST FOR SENIOR MASTER SARGEANT!!!

Today was pretty good. I went to the gym and worked out with Sherrie, and even though I could only use the stairstepper because of the treadmill hogs, I got in a really good workout. 70 floors! Woohoo! I needed it, because I have weighed in at exactly the same amount for the last four days straight, and am starting to worry that I have reached my minimum weight.  I really hope not, because I still feel as if I would like to be at the halfway point of my recommended weight range. But if so, then I suppose it's time to start toning.  I'm giving it until the 11th, and if I haven't lost any by then I'm going to give up. I've got better things to do than worry about trying to lose weight that just doesn't want to come off. 

Like studying for my HESI exam next semester. We're going to be starting the studying for that as soon as New Years is over with.  That way, when school starts up again, we'll be still in the "learning" mindset.  Our goal is to pass the test on the first try so that we don't have so much stress coming up to the end of our degrees.  It would be horrible to make it this far and not be able to graduate because of some stupid test. So we're going to do everything we can to make sure that doesn't happen.  And speaking of school, I really can't wait to get it in motion again... we are SO CLOSE to the end!  It's going to be hard to stay focused on learning and not on graduating.  Or so I think, anyways.  We do have a really good crew that keeps each other in line on study days.

I worked on the quilt a little while today and made myself an apron out of an old denim romper that I no longer wear. I kept it because I liked the stitching around the neckline, and with just a little bit of improvising I'm satisfied with the results. Still going to make a "real" one, but this one was a good practice one.  And I am really enjoying being able to do some creative things.... haven't really had the chance to in a long time.  I'm really out of practice!   Here's a picture of the apron I made... but don't look at me IN the apron... I am exHAUSTED!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment