Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 123: December 28, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." -Aristotle

I did something a little different today. It was housecleaning time, and as I was right in the middle of vacuuming all that fuzz off the living room carpet, I thought to myself that it was completely crazy that I was planning out my entire day cleaning the house by myself when I had two boys sitting in a bedroom playing video games.  So I sat down at the table with two index cards. At the top I wrote down each of their names.  Then, underneath that, I proceeded to write a list of chores for them to do.  I walked into the room, handed them each their cards, and said "These are the things you need to get done by the end of the day."

I guess I must have shocked them speechless or something. It was a miracle. No complaints, no arguments, no nothing.... they actually turned OFF the video games and got right up and got to work.  And I just kind of stood there flabbergasted. What the heck just happened? Did my children get abducted by aliens? Did they visit Spooky Island before Scooby Doo and Mystery Inc came and took care of that situation?  Wow.  I haven't seen them that complacent unless they want something big.  It was kind of nice. And to put the icing on the cake, they actually completed about 80% of the things on their lists. Damien had prior plans with his friend and I let him go without being finished just because of that, and because he had worked hard on his list.  And Cody, well... he worked hard too, and I couldn't find it in me to force him to stay and finish all of his after I let the other go.  Plus, I think maybe I was too stunned at their good behavior to put up a fight.  My house is clean, and I didn't have to do all of it by myself.  Wow. I repeat, for the third time, Wow.

I forgot to tell everyone about Cody's snowman situation yesterday. When I left for Sherrie's house to make our signs Cody was out in the yard happily starting a snowman.  About halfway through with the letters he texted me to ask when I was coming home so that I could see his snowman.  I texted back in a few minutes, that we were not done yet.  And then, when I finally pulled into the driveway, there was his snowman.  The first thing I noticed was that it was wearing a wig, and my scarf and gloves.  "That's really cute," I thought, "I'd better run and get the camera and take a picture for Ron." So I came into the house, put down my things, and headed out to snap a picture of his masterpiece.  When I got to the edge of the road I turned around to take the picture, and was instantly  mortified and embarassed beyond belief. Right there in my front yard for God and all the neighbors and passers-by to see was his creation. He had added boobs to the snowman!  And not only that, my inventive and creative child decided that a carrot nose wasn't good enough for HIS snowman... he grabbed BRUSSELS SPROUTS and gave the boobs nipples!!!!!!  I could not believe it!  I refused to take a picture of it, and made him take the boobs off.  This morning, after talking with Ron and deciding that I should take a picture of it now that Cody had fixed it, I went out with the camera to find that sometime this morning someone came into our yard and obliterated the snowman.  Sigh.  Another opportunity gone.  You'd think I'd learn my lesson.  But I was just too embarassed to think straight.  Oh, well. At least it makes a great story... who'd have thought of brussels sprouts anyways? Only my 13 year old.

And now, the weather channel website is saying that tomorrow we have a 70% chance of snow up to an inch in the afternoon, and another 70% chance of snow up to an inch overnight.  What the heck is going on around here? Oh, well. Maybe it'll put down some fresh snow for him to make another snowman with. Our snow has certainly not melted much at all, and it's been 5 days now including the "blizzard day", so what's a little more going to matter? We'll see what tomorrow brings, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment