Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 124: December 29, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Love is not a matter of counting the years, it’s making the years count." – William Smith


The quilt is now backed, but let me tell ya... sewing is NOT something I will ever claim to be good at. I don't know how my mother and grandmother did it, because as far as I am concerned, there are other times besides when driving that a lead foot is a bad thing. And sewing is one of them!  Not to mention, fleece is VERY difficult to sew with. It stretches. It changes shape. And it has turned my quilt into something entirely different than what I wanted.  But that's okay, I can handle that.  It's just a camping and travel blanket anyways, right? Or to be used for my own bed? I promise, I will NEVER subject company to this quilt! HAHAHA  I guess I need a LOT more practice before I try for one of the nicer quilts. As in, YEARS worth of practice.   Which I will have, once I am out of school. I'll even have money to be able to do some new hobbies! Sounds good already!



Things have gone really slow today. I went to Sherrie's this afternoon and we did the Biggest Loser workout, so I'll probably be sore in the morning.  The funny thing is, it started snowing again when I was getting into my car to go over there, and it has snowed all day long, but it never did stick.  Or, at least, it hadn't the last time I looked out the window.  Maybe it has, and I've just been avoiding the thought like the plague.  Who knows?  It was really funny, though.... I drove past a guy that was shoveling snow out by his driveway, and it was like he just all of a sudden realized that it was snowing again because he kind of threw down his shovel and held his hands up to the sky and shook his head.  I could practically hear him yelling "AGAIN???"  Probably had just gotten it to where he could get his car out of the driveway. Hard to tell.

Tomorrow will be more of the same, just like today. I've got laundry to do, I need to do some more cleaning so that I can stay on top of it, and I have to work out again.  But that's pretty much all that I have planned so far. We'll see what else comes to mind in the morning. It's sure to be a lot of busywork, mostly, but that's okay.  As long as I'm moving around it can't be all that bad.  There are a lot worse things I can do besides spend my entire Christmas break here at the house.  It's been kind of nice not having the threat of tests and homework hanging over my head.  I really have been enjoying it.  And maybe I'll find the time to finish the painting I started before Ron left.  I'd LOVE to get that done just to get the canvas off the floor in my office.  It'd be nice to have room in there again by the time school starts up and it is study time again.  Even if it will be only three and a half months worth of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment