Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 98: December 3rd, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength." - Frances de Sales

Just because I'm sure you're wondering, I didn't write a blog last night because I got to talk to Ron on the phone instead. It was great to hear him, even though we got interrupted twice and he ended up having to call back both times.  It'll be even better to hear his voice in person!

This was the last clinical day for this semester... no more classes, no more clinicals! Now I just have the final exam on Monday, and it's time off for the whole rest of December... and part of January!!!! Yeah, it'll be cold out so we can't do any camping or anything, but I have plenty of other things that I have planned to keep me busy and entertained.  We'll see what I can and can't accomplish in that short time.  I can't really go into all the fun details because some things are meant to be a surprise, but a lot of it is girly stuff like scrapbooking and things like that.  I can't wait to get started!  Oh, yeah... I forgot. I have to put up Christmas lights before I can do anything fun. Oh, well. There'll still be time.

We had a guest speaker at clinicals today talking about chemotherapy and oncology nursing, and it was a really, really great lecture. I am probably one of the very few people who found it interesting, but that's okay.  There's not much about nursing that I HAVEN'T found interesting so far.  It did start me thinking, though... what part of nursing would I be most interested in?  I have no idea, and it really worries me because I only have a few short months to figure it out! UGH! There are just so many different areas to nursing, so many different things to do. Research... Obstetrics... Trauma... Med-Surg.... grr! I've got NO IDEA what would best suit me.  I'm not interested in critical care nursing, at least not here in Wichita Falls, and haven't yet done any kind of Obstetrics, Pediatrics, or Psych nursing clinicals because those are next semester. Maybe one of those will jump out at me.  I just know that there are a whole lot of areas to nursing... and before I started nursing school I just thought a nurse was a nurse. HA! Serves me right for presuming, right? But really, the big question now is what do I want to be when I grow up? I thought that I had it all figured out...I'm going to be a nurse. But what KIND of nurse? It seems like every time I get my life all figured out and line everything up straight here comes another wind to shift things around. I can't wait for next semester, though... at least I'll finally get to experience working with children and infants. THAT should be interesting. Not to mention the psych rotation at the psychiatric hospital... now THAT is a dangerous job.  I can really see me coming home with black eyes all the time if I worked at a place like that.  Boy, I could REALLY pick on Ron then! LOL

I'm back to being sick today. I have no idea why I can't seem to shake this stupid head cold I have had. I wonder if it's really allergies? That would make a lot of sense. I do seem to always feel worse in Texas than I have when we've lived other places. Damn cotton plants! LOL Or maybe the wheat? Hay? Who knows what it is. I'm just super-tired of my nose always being clogged up and runny, and my head feeling all gross all the time.  Someday I'd love to have a month of feeling perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment