Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 95: November 30th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Leaders make decisions that create the future they desire." - Mike Murdock


I did not get around to doing the Christmas lights today, in case you are wondering. I spent most of the day doing miscellaneous things. I went to the gym this morning with Sherrie and got in a really good workout, then we stopped into WalMart because she needed some things and I found that stuffing from Thanksgiving on clearance at 78 cents a box, so I picked some up for Ron.  Then after talking to him online for a while and having him tell me how to check the water heater to make sure the heating elements and thermostat were still working because we have no hot water in the kitchen.  So I move Damien's old car out of the garage, pull down the ladder to the attic and get up there.  And guess what I found?  See that little brown spot? That means that the control panel is fried.  See where there's suppose to be a green light that's lit up meaning it's working? No green light. Dangit.  So I spent most of the rest of the day trying to figure out when it was bought, how it was paid for, so that I could get the Whirlpool people to come fix the darn thing, because it's still under warranty, because we bought it in June.  The problem is that I have no receipt for it, no owner's manual, no NOTHING for it. So I'm quite literally up a creek until those things are found. Otherwise, they can say "Well, you have no proof of when you bought it, so your warranty is invalid." I guess there is something to registering a product with those little postcard things after all... I could have saved myself a LOT of work today. 

Oh, sure, I could always call it in under our home warranty program we purchased, but I'd rather not do that since the darn thing is still under warranty, and the home warranty program has a $50 service call fee. Or is it $60? I can't remember. Sigh.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  I also had to go in and get an insurance replacement for Cody's phone.  I tried to look for the cheapest  phone they have, but they won't let me re-do his contract and I would have to pay full price for it, and their cheapest phone is $150. Sigh.  So I spent the $39 for an insurance replacement.  I can't wait to get out of school and get a job so that we can support these two children that are always up to no good. This has DEFINITELY been a bad year, as far as money goes... and lately it seems it's really going as fast as he makes it. Just six more months to my RN degree and a job.... I can make it, I can make it, I can make it!!!

There is something good to talk about finally, though... Cody's room did finally get cleaned up.  Gotta love it! Here are some pictures for you to look at, since it most likely won't be like that for long.... ;) hehehe
Hey, look... there IS a floor in there!!!!! Oh, my gosh! And all this time I thought we'd picked up our carpeting from the city dump!

No comments:

Post a Comment