Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 12: September 8th, 2009

Quote of the Day: “The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.-Roger Bannister”

NOTICE: BLOGGER IS ERRORING OUT WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD PHOTOS, SO WILL DO THAT LATER. SORRY.

I am SO ANGRY with my dog!!!!! I have to be the only person in the world who has a dog that loves hot peppers! We had a really cute, tiny little one-inch pepper growing on my pepper plant yesterday, and I was going to go out and take a picture of it today. But of course, when I went out there to do it, it and half the plant were gone! STUPID DOG!!! She did it about five years ago, too, when I was growing peppers, only that time she ripped the whole darn plant out of the ground. I haven’t tried to grow any more since then, because I wanted her to forget them. WELL, SHE DIDN’T. She found them today, and now all I have left is one remaining pepper that was growing. In case you’re wondering, it’s the little tiny yellow ball that’s on the part of the plant she ripped out and is now lying there on the ground dying. I’ll say it again…. STUPID DOG!!!!

So, as you can tell, my day started out lovely. And it gets better!!! Is there any worse day for walking than on trash day? Everyone had their trash bins out today since yesterday was a holiday and they don’t pick up trash on holidays. Talk about offensive to the nose! The stench never really went away, because just as soon as you pass one trash can another one is right there, and everyone’s garbage reeks! Or maybe my nose is just super-sensitive. Either way it made for a very smelly walk. I did pretty good today, though, 3.05 miles in 45 minutes. Not bad! It’s the furthest I’ve walked so far, and I could really feel my feet getting heavy toward the end. It could also be that all the roads here are raised in the middle, so you’re constantly walking off-balance, with one foot landing lower than the other. It makes it interesting, that’s for sure! I don’t know whether I should be concentrating on walking for longer distances for losing weight, or on walking a faster speed. I’ll have to do some more research on it to find out. Sigh. Always more to learn!


I picked up some things for Ron at WalMart today, and on the spur of the moment I decided that Ron might like to have some pictures of our babies with new bling, so here goes…. Kitties only today, but tomorrow I’ll be putting the dogs on here. I was going to put them on here today, but I over-estimated one dog’s size, and under-estimated the other. How’s that for efficient? Here’s the kitty pics:

Tiny and his Blue Collar


Mika and her Yellow Collar


Tiger and his Red Collar


Tomorrow, I have school again. We’re currently learning cardiac, which is difficult enough without adding the fact that I can’t seem to sleep and feel just awful today. I think I’m coming down with something, and I am NOT looking forward to sitting through 4 hours of class and trying to understand what is being said. Much less the fact that it’s a 45 minute drive one way, we have to be there 15 minutes early tomorrow, and I have to leave the house at 6:15 AM! I know: complain, complain! In all seriousness, though, I am going to have to do some serious studying to get ready for my test next week. The teacher doesn’t really give us a lot to go on for testing purposes, and her teaching style does not mesh with my learning style. Or my carpal tunnel… trying to take notes to her lectures is like trying to speed-write the entire Bible in an hour. But that’s okay, I have more than enough incentive to study… it’s called I want to PASS the class and RAISE my GPA!

Anyways, it’s time to bake the lasagna and then get myself off to bed. ‘Night, all!

1 comment:

  1. One thing I read about walking is to walk at a normal speed for so many minutes then you have a bursts of speed for 5 minutes, you do this throughout your walk and you are suppose to burn more fat and calories.

    ReplyDelete