Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 14: September 10th, 2009

Quote of the day: "One kind kiss before we part, Drop a tear, and bid adieu; Though we sever, my fond heart Till we meet shall pant for you.~Robert Dodsley"

It has now been two weeks since I've had my baby here with me. I can't sleep with nobody elbowing me in the head in the middle of the night! Or without the random knee to the lower back or sides, depending on how I'm sleeping. And of course, life just plain stinks without him around! There's nobody to pick fake fights with!!! UGH!!! I miss having someone around to pick on that would pick back without getting all moody. The kids are great to pick on but then they start with that "surly teenager" thing and it's just no fun. And what a great lesson in life this is, the experience to see just how much I have depended on him throughout our life together. Really puts a lot of things into perspective!

I bought Crank 2 yesterday at WalMart, and am considering watching it tonight while I am waiting for Ron to wake up. (It's about 1:30 in the morning for him right now.) When I bought it I thought I wanted to watch it with him, but once I got home and thought about it I realized just how long a six-month tour could be. I think I've changed my mind: maybe I'll go ahead and watch it. Alone. Sigh. I hate this alone crap! It's non-productive!

I saw the most interesting thing this morning, that was one of those moments where you're taken aback by something another person does. I was driving to MSU to meet up with my study group early this morning and driving on an overpass. Down below there was a train going by on the tracks, and a car was stopped and waiting for the train to pass by. It was the only other car around, but the reason it caught my attention was that the older man who was driving jumped out of the car and ran around the front of it, camera in hand, and starting taking pictures of the train as it passed. And it made me laugh a little at first to see this little old man jump out of his car and run to get just the "perfect" picture of a train before it got too far.
Until I realized that he was merely a male version of me, and that I have been known to do that sort of thing, and will most likely do it again. My foremost thought, however, was not that it was hilarious to see. What was going through my mind was how wonderful it is that there are people out there who can live for so long and see so many bad things in the world, yet still marvel at the uncommon beauty (which is arguable) in things that are held to be normal, everyday items to other people.


No comments:

Post a Comment