Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 15: September 11th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Your key to freedom lies in your power to control your thoughts. –author unknown"


Today has been a pretty good day. I managed to spend all morning planning ways to exercise to get healthy and lose weight. There are so many things that I used to do but now don't have the time for (or equipment for). I used to be able to go for bike rides as often as I wanted, miles per day! I can't tell you how enjoyable it was! I was literally everywhere. But then again, I lived in a town that had sidewalks everywhere. Those are pretty hard to come by here. And I don't have a bike, which I am about to go and remedy. I have an elliptical/exercise bike combo which I ride in front of the tv, but it's not the same as feeling the wind in your hair. And more importantly, it's kind of hard to get lazy and say "You know, I'm tired, I think I'll be done now," when you're actually out and about on a bike. Better incentive to get things done. So I'm making the ultimate choice: I'm going to go and buy a bike! It hasn't solved the sidewalks part of it, but as long as I'm careful it should be fine, right?



We went and got a replacement pair of frames for Damien's glasses today, since he broke his other frames. It's a temporary solution, but it's only until the 30th when he has his eye appointment. And since we had to go to the mall anyways I killed three birds with one stone.... I bought more nursing books to study at Books A Million, and I got replacement hand soaps at Bath & Body works for the bathrooms. (I won't tell you about the four-pack of miniature Cinnabon I got while I was there. Oh, wait, I just did.)


I may be making a huge mistake, but I am also getting Cody a starter set of electronic drums for his birthday, which is coming up fast. I have run out of other possible ideas for him, and am left with that choice. I figure, it won't mess up his room too badly, and it's a really big house so I probably won't hear him a lot of the time. PLUS I got a really cheap pack of earplugs on clearance at WalMart for $2, which I'm sure will be the best investment I'll have made in a long while.

Also, incidentally.... I have GOT to start getting more sleep, I can feel myself getting more and more run down by the minute. And my neck constantly feels tight and stiff all the time now. At first I thought it was because Ron had left and I now have the big giant bed all to myself, and was probably sleeping in all sorts of off-the-wall positions, but now I'm not so sure. Well, that and the nightmares, like the one I had last night about tornadoes. I only have those when I am really stressed out, like I guess I am right now.
So anyways, have a great day, and I'll post more later on!
-Carmen




No comments:

Post a Comment