Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 9: September 5th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you. ~Author Unknown"
***********************************
Somebody, please... shoot me! All day long I've been thinking about cute little frilly dresses and pigtails... little tiny hands holding mine... baby powder... girly shampoos. So what I want to know RIGHT NOW is this.... who in the world infected me with the baby itch????? And why on earth would you do that to me? LOL In all seriousness, although I would love nothing more than to have a little girl to dote on, I know they grow up eventually. All I can say is that I'm SO GLAD I had the forethought to have that surgery back in '98!!!!
***********************************

I finally got around to trimming the bushes out front, yay me. It was so hot out by the time I finished that I have pretty much left the clippings and all outside and come in to take a break. I got swarmed by wasps who were evidently building a home inside one of the bushes (one flew and hit me right in my eyelid, which was thankfully closed!) I also had a little hummingbird hovering around me a good half the time when I was doing one of the bushes... I think it must have a nest in that bush, or it's just that curious about me and what I was up to. Either way, it's nice to see that putting up the hummingbird feeder has worked. I never saw them at all before, and now they're around all the time. It's really funny how they sound like tiny little helicopters!

INCIDENTALLY, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BUY YELLOW DAHLIA BULBS FROM LOWE'S.

*******************************

Last night's sunset was great, but the camera really couldn't seem to do it justice. I tried and tried to get all the reds and oranges to show up in the shot, but no dice. Oh, well... enjoyed trying, anyways. Then I went inside and learned how to make Frito pie for one, as both the kids ditched me. Again. I have spent more time alone since Ron left than I have EVER had in my entire life! Maybe that's where the itch came from? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment