Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 8: September 4th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after moments or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach"

Today started out with a bang. Cody has football practice during 1st hour at school, and I get this phone call at about 8:20am this morning. They were doing some kind of tackling drill and he and another boy collided. Cody had his head down, and has evidently hurt his neck/back/spine or something. He said that his back & chest both hurt, it hurt to breathe, and he had tingling in his legs. So I made him an appointment on base to the doctor's and away we went, to find out that he will be fine, just a little sore for a few days. They told him to take it easy, so it's a good thing it's a 3-day weekend.... no football practice!

I got to hear from Ron today, and he says that things are going well. He was relieved to find out that his room there definitely does NOT have a 5-foot ceiling in it. (Can you imagine the concussions???) He does have a tv in his room, too, which is great even if all he can watch is AFN, the Armed Forces Network. Bet he can't wait to come home to cable again after a few months of THAT. And if you can imagine, they even have a makeshift pool: Someone has cut up an empty tank and made a 5' deep swimming pool out of it. I guess they're planning on making it a hot tub over the winter... good luck with that! He even says that the food isn't bad there, and that the other night when he showed up at the chow hall there were even packets of his very favorite spice mix in the whole world, Tony's. He was glad to see it, and has made it a point to be sure that I know they have the best chow hall in the area, or something like that.

I got notification that they have finally begun working on my student loan, so there is a good chance that it will be completed soon and I may get the funds by the end of this month. HOORAY!!!! House payment, here we come! HAHAHA For a while there I was worried. The financial aid department at the school said that they were completely bogged down when I went in to find out what was going on, so I wasn't even sure if I would GET a student loan completed this semester. They said that with all the people out of work their requests for financial aid had doubled what it was last year. That means that the school has twice as many students using financial aid, but no help in the financial aid office to help work all the requests. I'd hate to be in their shoes right now! Needless to say, I've been very patient. :)

It has been so dreary outside all day long that it has made me want to just throw on an old pair of sweat pants and lay around on the couch all day. HOWEVER.... not going to get any of this weight off of me THAT way, so it's going to be out for a walk for me tonight. Since I haven't been doing very well in the walking department lately, I think maybe I had better make night my official walk time. The mornings just don't cut it anymore, because somewhere along the way I lost my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment