Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 5: September 1st, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Happiness resides not in posessions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul. -Democritus"

Got up this morning to fabulously cool weather for like the third or fourth day in a row, and have all the windows open so that I can air out the house while it's still decent. I hate that about summer, how the house gets all stuffy inside. Opening the windows and allowing the breeze through the house seems to bring the entire place to life, and makes it smell so great!!! And the kitties all love to sit in the windowsills and smell the outside. It's as close to kitty heaven as they can get, or so they seem to think. They don't even seem to mind the fact that someone is out hunting this morning so there's loud rifle shots ricocheting off the houses. The dogs, however, have flown the coop into their new doggie door into the garage, and come out only when I go out into the backyard.

Well, we've made it this far... day 5. Already. Wow. I can't even begin to say how hard it has been to get over the initial shock of going from couple to individual! Lucky for me I'm a tough gal, and can deal with anything I'm given. The kids are into their own lives now that they are older, so the house stays pretty quiet most days. I wish I could say that it stayed clean, as well, but the boys are hurricanes when they do blow through on their way to whichever friend's house they're going to or whatever football practice or job. The messes they leave are reminders that I'm really not alone in this house, even though it seems like it sometimes. Sigh. At least they'll keep me busy, right?

I really have to go for my walk, and soon. But... right now, number one on the daily agenda is to get to paying the bills today. It's the first of the month, which means that 90% of our bills are due. I wish that you could set your own due dates, that would be sweet! Right now, all the big dollar bills are due in the first two weeks of the month. It makes it difficult to keep them all paid and still put food on the table! Someone should do something about that, right? Good luck getting THAT to congress as a bill... and passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment