Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 6: September 2nd, 2009

Quote of the Day: "There is no more noble occupation in the world than to assist another human being - to help someone to succeed. - Alan Loy McGinnus"

Another day come and gone, and yet still I feel like nothing got done today. They said on weather.com that the weed pollen is high today here, so maybe that's why my head feels like it has been stuffed full of cotton and I can't seem to think straight. Or maybe it's the heat, or whatever. Who knows? All I know is that I had a beautiful drive to school this morning, with a bright ruby-red sun poking up on the horizon, and then it all went on a downhill slide from there. In class today we went over a helter-skelter melee of various different non-related items, so by the time the instructor got around to going over the actual module information the entire class was pretty much brain fried. Even the instructor was having a hard time with concentration today, and ended up letting the class go fifteen minutes early, with the goal of a coffee and some Tylenol. Maybe it's something in the water here in Texas?

I went to WalMart with my study-buddy Laurie after class today and we had Subway for lunch. Of course, this was after following some big farming monstrosity ten miles down the two-lane country road between towns at around 15 miles per hour. He covered the entire road, both lanes in both directions, and I couldn't pass him. And we ALL know how well I do with patience while driving, but hunger made it even worse. He did finally pull over a little bit so that I could drive on half the road and half the grassy shoulder to pass him, and I was able to get moving. It was really nice to just sit and eat and chat for a while about non-school things. Laurie and I get along real well, and have a lot in common outside of school as well as in. She's the one who talked me into applying at Texas Specialty as a nurse's aid. While we were there at WalMart I picked up a camera that has a video function so that I can send some quick videos to Ron once in a while. Maybe that way he can keep up with the comings-and-goings of this family. Oh, and this really cute little sweater.... ;)

Damien got his glasses broken yesterday, and the first available appointment isn't until the 30th, so he is pretty much up a creek until then and wearing an old pair that isn't the right prescription but is better than nothing. I'm not sure what's going to happen when it comes to purchasing the new glasses because he doesn't have any money left after car insurance and car payment. But he's been out trying to find a second job, and has put in applications with the new GameStop on the base, as well as to United, and plans to apply with WalMart as well. He doesn't seem very motivated about it, but something may come up. It had better, or that boy's going to end up in the poor house before he even gets started. Have you seen the movie "Just My Luck", with Lindsay Lohan? In that movie, his character is the guy that she kisses at the dance, the one that had the worst luck in the world. EVERYTHING seems to happen to Damien. You'd think there was a curse put on him, if you believed in that sort of thing.

Cody has been doing well enough in school, since it's only the first week it's hard to tell. He's doing football again this year, but dislocated his thumb in practice the other day, so he ended up missing a practice and has to be on B-Team for the 2nd year in a row. Or so he says, anyways. The REAL reason that he is on B-Team instead of A-Team is because he is not dedicated to playing football, and shows more interest in being with friends. There were about twenty kids that tried out for the position he was trying out for, wide receiver, and he just didn't put forth enough effort to make himself stand out. I'm hoping that he does a little growing this year and gains a little more maturity and self-discipline. I'm trying to help him in that department, but lately it feels like the blind leading the blind. I just can't seem to get myself together, either. So we'll see. He and his friends have plans to make some kind of funny video together (involving some kind of tin-foil rabbit ears) and I'll try and post it on here if I think it may be something that would be suitable for all viewers. (Nothing that will give ideas to young influential children that could get them hurt!) HAHAHA

Oh, and did I tell you that the new camera is waterproof to 10'? Gotta love technology when the instructions on cleaning it include "soak it in a bowl of water for 2-3 minutes"! I'm thinking of that ride at Six Flags that I can finally take pictures while riding on... or of taking pictures of everyone at pool parties... or fishing at the lake... or camping... Hmmm. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment