Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 25: September 21st, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Life is so short, so fast the lone hours fly,We ought to be together, you and I.~Henry Alford, "You and I"

Today is Cody's birthday! He's just entered into the world of being a true "teenager", the big-1-3! Oh, and to make matters even MORE fun and interesting, he is officially taller than his mom. So incidentally, to those of you who may be wondering, that makes me, officially, the SHORTEST PERSON IN THE FAMILY! Isn't that just SUCH wonderful news? I'm so glad that both the kids are taller than me, because being short really stinks, but still... How awful is THAT? Now I'll have to look UP to discipline him!

"I'm so cute there ought to be a law!!!"


Cody had a good birthday. We went to the Verizon store after he got home from school and we got him a new phone, which he has not shut up about or quit playing with since then. Dad, he is exTREMELY happy with you right now! I was going to make him get one of the free phones, but once I saw them I went ahead and got the phones that I had originally planned to get him. I was hesitant because it was a slider phone, and I was afraid that he will break it, but we will see. At least he's happy for it, and I spent the extra cash to get the hard, protective cover for it, so if he drops it the phone will be fine. Sigh. All in all, it was a good trip. Since we were all nearly out of our contract with Verizon, we just went ahead and upgraded all the phones, and now everyone is happy. Well, everyone except Ron, that is. He HAS a brand new phone here, but unfortunately he can't enjoy it. Don't worry, baby, I'll have all your contacts in it and have it charged and ready for you when you get off the plane!



Hey, Ron, here's one even BETTER for you.... The three of us are all sporting our Petsmart Charities tees! Now even I match the girls! :)


In our family we have a tradition: When it's your birthday you get to choose what restaurant to have dinner at, and that's where we eat, regardless of what anyone else wants. So after getting the phone thing taken care of we went to Denny's where we had a birthday dinner for Cody. I only ate HALF of my sandwich, and I feel so full that I could burst, so the diet thing must be working! HEHEHE I can't wait to see if I can get skinny again! I've got my eye on all SORTS of really cute clothes that I may once again be able to wear....... :)



This is what I came home to from my walk this morning.





Hmmm, I wonder how this happened? ;)


Oh, and in case you're wondering.... I have lost a total of 3.4 pounds in the last two weeks! Yay me! (Now if only I could lose it faster!)

No comments:

Post a Comment