Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 28: September 24th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. -Robert Frost"

If it was February I would have been without a husband for a month today. How horrible is THAT???? I really can't wait for things to get back to normal and have him home again. Just the thought of being able to kiss him goodnight is like a dream come true. I'll never get used to not being able to do that every night. Ever since the beginning we've made it a habit to ALWAYS kiss each other goodnight, even if we are fighting and angry as heck. It's a good habit, and I'd recommend that everyone in a relationship does it. It really makes the marriage better, trust me! But it makes it a little harder to get to sleep at night. You always end up with that feeling of "something missing" or of being incomplete. I think I'm just now starting to be able to fall asleep at night in under an hour! LOL

I had clinicals today at the hospital, and therefore did not have any time left to take pictures of anything for the blog. I'm sure the dogs are just SO SAD about that fact! But it was a good day at clinicals, once I finally started to get back into the rhythm. It has been since May that I haven't been to clinicals for the school, and it was really rough remembering all the things we were supposed to have ready, done, or filled out by what times. Mostly, I think, because it was soooo early in the morning, I was dead tired, and I didn't even get a half cup of coffee. But I think I really wowed them once I finally got my groove going. And I had a really sweet patient, which made it easier. Lots to go over on the homework side of it, but I still enjoy the patient care side of nursing, so it has reinforced the fact that school will be worth it in the end. If I can just get through it without having to go spend a fortune on wigs! ;)

Little Mocha is getting on my nerves now, because in the last couple of days she has started darting out the front door if you have it opened (such as when someone rings the doorbell.) And I'm not sure how to fix that one. I just hope that she doesn't decide one day to run out and not come back. I've tried yelling at her and putting her "to bed" when she does it, but so far no luck. And with her history of being abused I really don't want to have to spank her. She has mostly learned that she's not allowed to leave the backyard if you have the gate open, but she still has issues with it once in a while, so she may never fully learn the rules. She isn't the most intelligent of dogs, I can honestly say. She's got heart, but she's about as dumb as a penny.

Anyways, I have had a really long day, and my body is starting to feel like I have the flu which means that I am in desperate need of sleep. So goodnight, y'all, and I'll catch you on the next round!

No comments:

Post a Comment