Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 24: September 20th, 2009

Quote of the Day: “The man who doesn't relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots and standing on his head for the edification of the pathologist and trained nurse, a little later on. ~Elbert Hubbard”


I got a call from AT&T this morning… Evidently, the phone is on the fritz again ( or was never truly fixed in the first place ) because they called to let me know that it was some card thing in their server and that they may not be able to get it fixed until Monday. And guess what? I’m not the only customer who has had no phone. THAT should make me feel better, but it doesn’t. Look at all those people whose lives are impacted! And guess what? The guy that called said that they probably wouldn’t be able to get it fixed today because the people who would fix it “don’t work on Sundays.” What about all those people without phones? What if someone had a need to call 911 and couldn’t? What if someone was having a life-threatening situation, and because of AT&T not having their systems working that person died? All because they “don’t work on Sundays.” I understand that it is Sunday, and people want to be home with their families. However…. That being said, I think that having a phone system intact and in place is one of life’s basic necessities. Not everyone can afford cell phones, and there are a LOT of elderly in this town, some of which live alone. How long would they lie there unassisted if something happened and the phone was not working?


Well, I finally got my test grade from the test I took on Wednesday, and I have to say that I really, honestly, and truly am SHOCKED. Remember how I said that I felt REALLY GREAT about the test, and just KNEW that it was my best test ever? NOT! Not even close to reality. I ended up making a 78 on it, which is the bare minimum you can make and still pass. I feel like the rug has been wiped out from under my feet and I just landed on my butt with a solid thud. What the hell????? I think I bomb my tests, and I end up with a 78. I think I did great, I get a 78. I think I got at least a B+ on it, and I get a 78. And it doesn’t seem to matter whether I study or not, because whether I do or not I still end up with…. You guessed it…. A 78! Why the hell do I even bother trying? And why am I in this stupid program to begin with, if I’m so stupid that I can’t do any better than a 78???? I’m sorry, but I am just so angry that I could sit here and bawl my eyes out. And I left that test with such a great feeling, like I knew all the answers. What kills me is that Laurie was quizzing me the whole drive to school that day, and I was answering every question correctly. So what did I do wrong?


I think I just killed myself tonight, by the way. I want to step up my getting in shape, so I walked 3 miles in 40 minutes, then I came home and did a whole lot of exercises. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but when you’re out of shape like I am, it takes a lot out of you. The good news is that I know it was a good workout, because I’m already feeling it, really badly. And it’s in all the right muscle groups, too!!! LOL If I can walk tomorrow I’m going to do pretty much the same thing all over again. Or maybe just go for a bike ride, not sure. We’ll see… I may not even be able to walk tomorrow! Oh, well, though…. At least exercise helps to reduce stress, right? Lord knows I have enough of THAT in my life!


I didn't get a chance to take any doggie pics today, so I'll have to do some tomorrow. I'll see ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment