Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

Quote of the Day: "What is love…. But a friend who has remained beside me and never once removed his hand." – Hugh Prather

I cannot believe I forgot again!!! Oh, well, it's not like it hasn't been a crazy busy week or anything, what with having something school related every single day. Yesterday was my mother/baby clinical, and I really enjoyed it a lot.... I thought I blogged about it, to be honest with you, but I guess I didn't. Anyways, I had pediatrics, which were interesting to say the least. Not my cup of tea, though, I don't think. Something about the little ones being sick, and dealing with parents. I'll be much happier working with the new parents.  I did learn to use some new equipment while I was there, and  assisted with blood draws for cultures. It was an enjoyable day.  Then, when I got home I immediately started working on the kitchen countertops, since I already had them all taped up and ready to go.  I figured that if I got them done a day early they would be DONE a day early, so now they're all finished and curing. And I checked them this morning, and the good news is that THIS time there aren't any spots which aren't curing. Every part of the countertops are already hard on the surface, so by Sunday night I'll be able to put the kitchen back together and put some pictures on here for you.  Which is a good thing, because I have been going CRAZY with having the cats locked up in my bedroom this whole time... and I'm sure they aren't doing much better.

I had a test-taking skills class in Vernon today, where they try to tell you some of the ways to look at nursing questions and get the right answer.  I know a lot of  you haven't seen what a nursing question for the nursing boards looks like, so here's a sample:
    "After a suprapubic prostatectomy, the nurse understands that a client's plan of care must
     include the prevention of postoperative deep vein thrombosis.  This can best be achieved
     by increasing the:
            a. Coagulability of the blood
            b. Velocity of the venous return
            c. Effectiveness of internal respiration
            d. Oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood"

Can you see my dilemma? All my life I've taken tests that test you on what you know, and the nursing questions are designed to test you on how you would APPLY what you know. It's a whole new game, and I'm still getting used to it.  But I'm getting there, and hopefully by the time our HESI test comes around, or the NCLEX-RN, I'll be fully ready for it.  We also have another class next week for the same thing, so I'm sure it'll help at least a little. Have to do SOMETHING to get it through my head! LOL  I just hope that I didn't come this far only to fall down on the last lap... I need strength! HAHAHA

After my class, I went and got my hair done, and MAN, do I love it!!!! Liz does a great job, and I am supremely happy with the way it turned out... I have highlights now! What do you think?


I am loving it! LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment