Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 174: February 17, 2010

Quote of the Day: "The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person." – V. Putnam

Oh, man, am I tired, again. Classes today went pretty well. I had my first psych test, and got an 83 on it. Which is not bad for the short amount of time I had to study for it. I was expecting a lot worse.  There were a lot of really strangely worded questions on it. And let's face it... mental health is NOT one of my best subjects. There's too much objectivity and too many variables for me to be comfortable with it.  Too many gray areas.  I really enjoy learning about everything, and the clinicals are awesome, but I think that it would take more than just a week or two of studying for each test for me to truly have the time to grasp all the small details.  There are too many similarities in the various disorders, and we have to learn how each individual culture views each disorder, or if they even consider them a disorder. Man, it's a lot to take in when you're sleep deprived!

Tomorrow I have my first pediatric clinical, and I'm a little nervous about it because I have no idea what it's going to be like. The patients can be months old all the way up to 18.   Everyone who's been to it so far either loves it or hates it, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.  It can't be that much different than dealing with my own kids, right? Except that there's a parent breathing down your neck! LOL  Oh, well, I've been on the hospitalized kid side of it, so now I'll be on the other side and see what it's like. I can tell you that now I understand why the nurses rarely came into the rooms when we were in the hospital. They're too darn busy! LOL

I just realized something today... I am going to be the same age when I graduate from nursing school as my mother was when she graduated from Southwestern Medical Academy.  I can still remember her going to school. It's kind of funny how I thought she was SOOO OLD, and now here I am doing the same thing.  TOO funny! I guess I really am old, then! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment