Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 118: December 23, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Frequently remind yourself that God is with you, that He will never fail you, that you can count upon him. Say these words, "God is with me, helping me." - Norman Vincent Peale

I tell you, we just can't win for losing!!! I finally, FINALLY got the bills paid, with just enough money left to maybe buy some milk and cereal, and I open my email today to get the stupid electric bill.  Due on the same payday as the mortgage.  It was $622.24!  That means that ONLY the mortgage and the electric bill will be paid, and the other three bills will be late... again.  Dangit!  WHEN are we going to be able to break free? Oh, yeah... after I graduate in MAY!  And I sat down today and compared the normal monthly bills since we moved into this house, and January's bill will be just as high.  At least this time I'll expect it, right? And thankfully, February usually is a smaller bill. Then we just have to wait until July hits for the next super-large bills. I really HATE this house with its poor insulation and stupid leaky windows. This electricity stuff bites!

You know, I have completely and totally wasted two days of my time now.  I figured it would be a good thing for me to take ALL our DVD movies out of the player and insert them in alphabetical order in the machine.  Great idea, right? Wrong.  As soon as I got on a good roll, I'd find one that wasn't on our list and had to add it, which would shift the ENTIRE THING out of whack and I'd have to start over.  THEN, once I finally got them into the player in the correct alphabetical order, I had to go back and manually type in the names of 95% of the movies that did not automatically update in it.  Of course, none of it really bugged me. I was happy to do it.  Until I sat down to actually WATCH a movie after spending all day putting in titles. And noticed this little bar at the top of the screen, where if you hit a special button on the remote, you can have it sort the entire contents by movie title!!!!!! UGH!!!!! WHY didn't I learn about this A YEAR AGO????

Other than that, I've just been adding more blisters to my hand working on that blasted quilt. Not so excited anymore about it, actually. I think it's become more of a vengeance thing at this point. Stupid quilt. Stupid me! What was I thinking? HAHAHA Next time, I think I'll definitely conquer something a lot smaller, like a lap quilt. Or a napkin. But it's turning out alright, all things considered. Yes, I'm not the greatest seamstress in the world, but it is DEFINITELY going to be a warm quilt.  Just working on it and having it on my lap makes me sweat, without the fleece backing even on it yet!
Oh, and I tried to go out tonight and get pictures of Christmas lights, like I said I would, but the wind has come up something fierce and the temperature has plummetted.  They're saying we can expect snow showers overnight, and a high of 36 tomorrow. So yeah, I came back home after attempting one picture and it turning out poorly.  I'm a whimp. I'll admit it.  Maybe I'll try again on Christmas day, when it's supposed to be warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment