Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 17: September 13th, 2009




Quote of the Day: All days are nights to see till I see thee,And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me.~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet XLIII"

As promised, here it is... my shiny new bicycle! This morning I went to Academy and bought some workout clothes, so that I can have something to wear when walking and biking. I was completely floored by how much things cost now! You can tell that I very seldom go there for clothing. But I only have 4 pairs of shorts that fit me now, so I got some cheapies that will be comfortable but that I won’t feel guilty about not fitting into if I lose weight, which I’d really like to do. I did splurge on several items, too, but I’m having a major case of buyer’s remorse over the amount of money I spend, and I think that a lot of them will be going back. I still have to try them on, so maybe they won’t fit and it’ll make the decision for me. Right? Sounds good to me.


The rain needs to stop so that I actually CAN exercise, though. It’s now day two, and it’s rained most of the day. Again. For the last hour it’s actually dried up a little, but the winds are now blowing a little harder, and when the wind blows here with rain clouds in the sky it only means one of two things: it’s either blowing the storm away, or it’s about to get bad. I checked the Weather Channel, and it says 100% chance for rain tonight with thunderstorms. And incidentally, they have put us into flood watch. Could make driving interesting! The good news is that tomorrow’s only a 30% chance, so maybe there’s hope of me riding my new bike after all! LOL

I have spent the vast majority of today attempting to study for my upcoming test on Wednesday, but it seems that without my study group I can’t seem to focus. Not that we have that much focus when we’re studying, but at least we will make each other think about the subject and analyze it. Usually we come up with the correct answers that way, too, so I’ve been thinking of how nice it would be if we could do that for the test. I’d have a much better grade, for sure. I’m the kind of person who tends to rush through and not think about my answers before I choose them. I’ve tried to stop, but I just can’t seem to do it. And every time I change answers on a test it never fails that the first one I had was the correct answer, and I would have gotten a higher grade if I didn’t own an eraser. My goal this semester is to try and take at least an hour to take my test, instead of the normal 15-minutes-and-I’m-done routine I have been doing. I really want to get my GPA higher, nursing school has brought it down WAY LOW. As a matter of fact, my GPA now says that I’m AVERAGE. YUK! Who wants that???? And I owe it all to their extremely strict scoring. Thanks, Vernon College Nursing Program…. Couldn’t you just leave my transcripts as the normal grade point system, and use the Nursing grade point system just to determine whether I’m passing or not? I mean, really… do you have to kick us after you’ve knocked us down? Just a thought.
Oh, and here is proof that Mocha has adjusted... she now drinks from the pool! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment