Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 20: September 16th, 2009

Quote of the Day:
“How like a winter hath my absence beenFrom thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year!What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen!What old December's bareness everywhere!~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet XCVII" ”

Today has been one heck of a day. It was my turn to drive to school today, 45 miles from my house, and Laurie lives in Henrietta which is about a 30 minute drive in the opposite direction. So…. I came up with this really great idea: why didn’t Laurie come stay here last night so that we can study really well and not have to leave for school so early. A good idea, in theory, right? Laurie and I ended up staying up until midnight studying, then headed to take a quick power-nap. She was able to fall asleep by around 12:30, the lucky dog, but by the time I could get my head to clear up and quit going over the study material here came Cody to my door…. “Mom, I don’t feel good,” he says, and he’s off to the bathroom with a bout of the stomach flu. So I was up for that, which meant that I didn’t fall asleep until sometime around 2am. And we were up at 4:30 am to finish studying before our test. Incidentally, Laurie and I have both decided that if we have another night-before-the-test study session, we’ll be going to sleep around 8 or 9pm, and then getting up around 3 or 4 am to study.

We did end up getting a lot of good studying done, though. And I personally think that I did really well on the test! It’s the first one I’ve taken in nursing school that I walked away from feeling happy and confident. There were only one or two questions where I was either doubting my knowledge or just didn’t know the right answer. I can’t wait to see if I really did that great, or if it’s just my sleep-deprived mind trying to make me think that I did well so that I’ll let it rest! We’ll see, the instructor said that she would be able to upload our grades to the school’s online system by Monday at the latest, which means anytime from now until Monday. So I’m going to keep checking back. Makes me kind of hopeful that maybe that GPA will go back up after all!

After class I have come home and am so tired that I can barely think straight. My head feels like it’s stuffed full of lead from all the sinus pressure in it, my body aches from lack of sleep , and my phone isn’t working right, which means that Ron can’t call me. And my stomach doesn’t feel too hot, so I’m terrified that I’m getting the stomach bug that’s been going around… the night before my clinicals!!!!! Which I can’t miss or I’ll get a demerit. You’re only allowed three of those before you’re kicked out of the program. I haven’t earned any yet, but it still worries me. Other than all that it was a really good day. I was going to try to stay awake until Ron tried to call around 10pm or so, but I think I really do need to lay down and get at least a little bit of rest. I feel like my whole system is about to shut down, so it’s nighty-night time, for sure.
But in typical tradition, here are your parting pictures:

"Aww, how sweet! Mommy changed out that rug she threw in MY cat bed with a nice, soft fleece blankie just because I was mad at her! I guess I'll forgive her for her mistake this time. But she'd better not let it happen again!"

Today, I was getting into my car and noticed this tiny, nearly insignificant flower on my Chinese Fringe Flower plant. Looks like the relief from the heat is making it bloom again. I'll keep an eye out, and if it becomes a proliferant bloomer I'll take another picture for you.

"Hey, aren't you in my 'A Dog's Guide to Looking Cute and Getting Your Way 101' class?"

What's harder to believe, the fact that I found matching outfits that fit both dogs.....

Or the fact that I made them WEAR the outfits?

No comments:

Post a Comment