Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 21: September 17th, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Within you I lose myself...Without you I find myself, Wanting to be lost again.~Author Unknown"

I HAVE PEPPERS AGAIN!!!
I went out there last night, and lo and behold there they were! Three, at least, that I could see in my hurried search because I was running out of daylight. I am SO EXCITED, maybe there's hope of getting some good ones after all. I went ahead and put up a little temporary fence around them to protect them from Dummy, so maybe they will actually be able to mature. I really wish the dog didn't like vegetables, but what can I say? At least I had the fence lying around. It wasn't too hard. Now, I just have to make sure that she doesn't get to them anyways.

See how tiny my little peppers are? I can't wait to see what they turn into. Maybe they don't actually get that big... I can't remember what kind I planted.

**********

Today was the first day of clinicals for this semester, and I guess that it could have been worse. I had a rotation in the CCU today (cardiac intensive care unit), and it wasn't actually that bad. It was slow, so it made for a REALLY long day, but I guess it wasn't that bad. I have been told that it's not always that slow there, but it was every bit as slow as the regular ICU. I did pretty well, though. I told the nurse I was assigned to that one of the patients' EKGs was looking like she was going into heart block, and the nurse said that she wasn't, she was just in regular sinus bradycardia (that's an extremely slow heart rate). Then later, when the doctor showed up on the floor he just happened to mention that the lady was starting to go into heart block. I was so proud of me! Evidently all that marathon studying actually did some good! The rest of the day was uneventful, however, and I was glad to get back home where I could wind down and take a look at the homework that goes along with the CCU. I have a lot of work to do on it, but since I have found that I actually am interested in cardio I don't think it will be too bad. It's fascinating, how the heart works and how many things can affect it. I never thought it would be something I'd enjoy, but that shows you what I know!

I'm still doing the "Mocha's Outfit-of-the-Day" for Ron, and will continue to keep on doing it until I run out of outfits to borrow, so for the lastest outfit here is the little Gym Dog. She looks all ready to head out for some serious exercise, doesn't she? She didn't seem to like this outfit as much as some of the other ones I've tried on her. I still have a couple of cute little dresses for her, but I'm trying to space out all the "girly" ones to make it more interesting. And let's face it, even if I was the kind of person who would NORMALLY dress a dog I would understand that we can't all have "pretty days" all the time. Sometimes we all just want to "bum around"! ;)

I am going to make her a coat for this winter, sometime when (I mean, IF) I have free time, because I will be leaving them outside this winter while I am at school and clinicals, and she barely has any fur. I know that they have the dog door into the garage and everything, but it still stays really cold in the garage. I'd feel better about keeping her out if I could know that she was warm. I've looked at the store for coats for her, but they all only have a little tiny strip under their belly, and Mocha has literally NO fur on her belly. It would be like us being outside in the middle of winter with OUR belly open to the air! I shiver just to think about it. But once I get it done, and if it doesn't turn out too horribly, I will be taking pictures of it to put on here for you. Just, beware... the words "Carmen" and "sewing" usually don't belong in the same sentence... I haven't ever been accused of being good at it!


Here is Mocha sporting a very basic doggie sweatshirt.....



Doesn't she still look sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment