Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 134: January 8, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Happiness is not a matter of events, it depends upon the tides of the mind." -Alice Meynell

Can you believe this? The damn heater is broken now! What ELSE could we possibly have go wrong while Ron is gone? I knew it was getting cold in the house lately, but since I had just adjusted the thermostat down to save money on the electricity I thought it was because of that.  But I turned the heat up last night before going to bed, and when I got up this morning it was 55 degrees in the house. 55!!!! And the heater was blowing full force! So I got up onto a chair and stuck my hand next to a vent, and the air coming out was ice cold. As in REAL cold. Go figure. So I lit a fire, hung a sheet over the living room door, and moved my desktop and laptop into the living room and have been in here ever since. And ran the self-clean feature on the oven. And did some laundry.  I now have proof that we desperately need new windows asap, though... I could stand in the middle of every room in the house and feel a cold breeze on me, with the air completely off and no ceiling fans going.  These windows are useless, which is why our electric bills are so outrageous here. 

I called the heater in to our home warranty program, but everyone was booked for today, so tomorrow is the earliest that anyone can come out to fix it. I'm really hoping it's something  they don't have to order a part for, or anything, because it is flipping COLD.  Of course it had to break during the absolute coldest days of the year. Go figure, again.  Oh, but it does do ONE good thing... it makes it to where I was able to take the picture of the three kitties all bundled up together on a blanket on the couch. A sight you very rarely see.

As a result of my seclusion, I've gotten a lot done on the computer program. I think it's turning out really well, but then again... I've had to try a lot harder because of the fact that my fingers were getting so cold that they didn't really want to work. It's turning out really great, if you ask me. I'm saving my favorite part of the house for later, but in a few minutes I will post some pictures of what I have done so far. They will be of the great room, kitchen, and dining area. The program doesn't have the best choices for materials or furniture, but it's enough to give you a general idea of the place, right? Who knows, maybe someday I can see it or something similar with real furniture in it... something in my own taste, perhaps!

Tomorrow my whole plan is to wait for the people who are going to come and fix my heater. I'm going to have to keep putting wood on the fire tonight if I want it to stay warm in this room, so I don't know how much sleep I'll actually get tonight. Unless I just let it go and try to play catch-up in the morning. I am really tired, so I'm not sure that I'm willing to get up every hour and put more wood on... I think if I just try and put a couple of big logs on there I may be able to stretch it out a little bit. Maybe? I sure hope so, because I am really, really tired from staying up super late the past couple nights at the computer. I'll have to set an alarm to even get up, as a matter of fact. It's not good for my weight loss to not sleep, either, because every time I start to get a messed up sleep pattern my weight loss plateaus. Sigh.  Oh, well, I'm still getting there, even with all the setbacks. Just have to learn some more patience.  And tomorrow is picture day... that should be interesting with all this cold air in here! EVERYONE wants to be in a bikini in this cold, right? :)


Look who decided to go lay in front of the fireplace for warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment