Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 131: January 5, 2010

Quote of the Day: "Nothing limits achievement like small thinking. Nothing equals possibilities like unleashed thinking."  - William Arthur Ward

I know, I know... I forgot to blog yesterday. I guess it's because I had to make a last-minute run to JCPenney's and try to get there before they closed because there were these shoes that Cody just HAD to buy with his Christmas money, and then once I got home I painted for a while then fell into bed exhausted.
I did finish the quilt yesterday that I was making out of Ron's old military uniforms. It's nice and cozy, but only big enough to be a lap blanket, so it didn't take too long at all.  The hardest part of the whole thing was trying to NOT have the darn thread break in the middle of sewing. Which it did, of course. Repeatedly.
 

Today I got the swimming pool cleaned, and painted some, then re-installed my 3-D home design program and looked at some of the houses I've designed over time.  I may start playing around with it again, but am not sure yet what I want to do with it. Somewhere I've got the design for a resort that I did, and wanted to try and find it again, but to no avail.  I was thinking about that program, though, and wondering if I could use it to design a dollhouse... you know, just in case I have a granddaughter someday.  Or a friend who has one.  Whichever... Thought it could be a fun idea.  Just something else to think about, I guess.
 
Tonight we are supposed to get down to 18 degrees, and then the next two nights are forecast to be a low of 13.  THIRTEEN!!!!! I'm already freezing to death in this stupid house, and it's going to get down to 13??? I think I may gather up all the wood I have left and start a fire tomorrow afternoon, then throw up a big, thick, heavy blanket over the door and just sleep in that room. And wake up hourly to put more wood on the fire.  BRR!  Our electric bill is going to skyrocket! NOT good news by any means.  And here I've been hoping for warmer weather so that I can go take down the Christmas lights.  Haven't turned them on since Christmas day, so there's no sense in them being up.  Oh, well... I'm not going to be going out there in the cold to take them down, that's for sure.  I'd rather leave them until MAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment