Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 129: January 3, 2010

Quote of the Day: "The eternal quest of the individual human being is to shatter his loneliness." ~Norman Cousins

It is so hard to imagine that my boys are growing up! I can sit here and just look at them, and know that they have changed so much without me even realizing it! I can't believe that Cody will be a freshman in high school next year. It seems like just yesterday when I was carrying him around in my arms because he couldn't walk, and now I can't keep him still. I don't know what happened! And Damien, well... there's no telling with THAT kid anymore. It's hard for me to watch him making all the mistakes he's been making and not bite his head off or try to control his life, but the truth is that there's no way for me to explain what I'm thinking to him. He lives on a whole different planet than I do now. He's got that know-it-all, arrogant-young-adult thing going on right now, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I can remember thinking and feeling the same way, though, when I was dealing with my own mother. I grew out of it, so maybe he will too. Hopefully?


I was looking up at the stars in the sky the other night, just kind of enjoying the fact that I can see so many of them here, and I got to thinking… How many people in how many places can see that same exact group of stars that I can see, at the same time, and at the same angle? Amazingly, there are a whole lot of people that can see them at the same time, but the funny thing is that when you narrow it down to angles that number dwindles down. I know we will all see it eventually during the night, but if it’s directly overhead here at 9pm, then that means that it still has a couple hours before people in AZ can see it directly overhead. And it hasn’t been overhead for the people on the East coast for an hour or two by the time it’s that way here. And then, if you bring the whole latitude and longitude thing into it, it gets even MORE complicated! UGH! It’s just so much to think about, right? I mean, you know how we always look up at the stars and think to ourselves that the people we love are seeing the same stars? Well, that’s true, they are… but we never take into consideration that those people have either already seen it and gone to bed, or are still waiting anxiously to lay eyes on it. I have to say, it really does make me feel small to think about it. And trust me, I don’t need that… I’m already pretty small! HAHAHA

The coyotes were really, really close to the house last night! I was lying in bed, trying to go to sleep, and they started making this racket outside that would raise the dead! It sounded like they were just on the other side of our fence. They’d call and cry for a few minutes, get quiet for a short time, then start in again. It went on for almost half an hour! It gave me goosebumps to hear them so close, and for so long. Usually they sound like they are further away, and we can hear them loud at first and they grow quieter like they are running further away from the house. This time they were right there, the whole time and then after they went quiet the last time I never heard them the whole rest of the night. I know there are all sorts of critters that live out in the land behind our house, including a really cute family of bunnies. I was kind of hoping that they may have found a way to get hold of those really annoying mutts our next door neighbors have that bark the whole entire time we are out on our driveway, even if we’re out there for hours or all day. I really do hate those dogs! If it wasn’t for them, I would probably be friendly with our neighbors, because they really are nice people. But I just can’t get past my annoyance at their stupid dogs, and I am too afraid that I would open my big mouth and have to stick my foot in it. So alas, the neighbors are people that I may or may not wave to, depending on how much their dogs have been ticking me off. I can’t help it, though. I am NOT a dog person – especially little tiny rats that think they are all big and powerful. Good thing I am a decent person, though… it keeps me from throwing the rat poison over the fence.

Anyways, I tried the lasagna... it was okay, but it wasn't perfect. And after as long as it took I was really hoping that it would be! Oh, well, next time... no veggies! Period! Those can be made as a side dish, instead. The next time.... I shudder to think of the next time!  HAHAHA  And the rest of the day I spent sewing, instead of cooking.  So it's been a really nice, relaxing day.  Oh, yeah... and I made the bed. That's my big accomplishment of the day. Better luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment