Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Been a Long Time Coming


Finally, FINALLY, I have graduated from Nursing School! The family all came out for a really nice visit, and the graduation ceremony went along pretty smoothly. We had a lot of fun and good times together while they were here, and then it was back to reality when everyone left. The good thing is, I NOW HAVE A JOB! I start hospital orientation on June 7th as a new nurse on the Medical-Surgical floor at United Regional hospital. I am VERY
excited about it, and have already got all my uniforms all nicely hung in my closet. I can't believe sometimes that I have finally done it, and that I am entering into a new phase of my life. I'll be walking through the house, and it'll hit me.... I*AM*A*NURSE*NOW. Of course, I still have to take the Texas State Board Exam, that ever-scary NCLEX-RN, but I know that I will pass that one. And then it will finally be official, and I'll be going into the Human Resources department to have my name badge changed to have R.N. behind my name. THEN I will consider myself to be a nurse-in-full.




When I did my clinical rotations on the floor during nursing school I found that I really enjoyed how super-busy the floor is, and that I will be able to be constantly moving for my full 12-hour shift. I know a lot of people complained about that during school, but I really don't care. I thrive on the constant motion.  And the staff were all super-nice, and seemed to get along really well.  I'm a little nervous that I will finally be putting all my education and training to use, and hoping that I don't mess up or anything, but I have a very nice manager who is ex-military and puts off the "here to help you" vibe. I'm certain that I will do fine, my mama trained me well, after all! :D

This is our last holiday weekend that we will not have to worry about coordinating TWO schedules to plan our camping expeditions, so we're doing everything we can to prepare to take the RV out tonight and have a great Memorial Day weekend. I'm hoping that we can find somewhere to camp, since we tried to call and make reservations at Lake Texoma only to find out that all their RV spots have already been reserved.  And that was over a week ago.  I've called back several times to check for cancellations, but they never have any.  Oh, well, I guess it'll be dry-camping for us this weekend. Not a problem, I'm real easygoing when it comes to getting out there.  I'll be sure to take lots of pictures while we're out and about wherever we end up...



No comments:

Post a Comment