Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 200: March 15, 2010

Quote of the Day: "In each of us are places where we have never gone. Only by pressing the limits do you ever find them."  -Joyce Brothers

Sorry about the last few days and my not blogging a couple of them. Things here have been running along pretty crazy with trying to get things ready for the love of my life to come home.  Yesterday I finished picking up the house and did some grocery shopping, then last night I had a cook-a-thon, so that the kids would have food here at the house.  I made them a pizza casserole (yummy!), a baked omelet (watery, but yummy), some cheesy ham and potatoes (out of this world!), and  I made deviled eggs for Ron.  I had to make enough that the kids would have some here, too, so it literally took me three hours to peel all the eggs. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so slow at it, or there were so many of them, but MAN, was I tired of standing on my feet in the kitchen.  By the time I crawled into bed my feet and knees were hurting so badly that I felt as if I'd been on a 10k walkathon or something. This morning they're a little better, but still... I have to stay off them a little bit and let them try and heal.

Ron gets in to DFW tonight, so I'll be leaving the house in a little while to go down there and meet him at the airport.  I am SO EXCITED about that I can hardly think straight.  I'll be picking Damien up in a little bit to come home and watch his brother for me.  The kids are pretty excited for Ron to come home, too.  Mostly Damien, though, I think Cody is a little worried about Ron coming home with all the crap he's been pulling lately and his whole "phone" problem. Not sure, exactly, because he also just doesn't seem to care about helping me clean the house or anything.  He has given me nothing but a hard time every time I ask him to help me out. And it is REALLY grating on my nerves. I have to ask him at least thirty times every time I want him to do something, and then he finally gets angry at me for continuing to ask and throws a fit.  I swear, it drives me nuts!  It's no wonder parents just decided that it's easier just to take care of it ourselves.  I can't wait until he moves out on his own and Mom isn't there to do things for him anymore - it'll be interesting to find out just how bad he really is! His poor future wife!

Anyways, gotta go, got a busy day getting ready to leave for Fort Worth.  Have a great day, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. WOHOOO!!! So excited for you and Ron! Be careful! And don't have to much fun! LOL Can't wait to hear what Ron thinks of the new YOU!

    ReplyDelete