Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 12, 2013

Hard Day's End

It's been a really tiring day. Today was wound care day, and lemme tell you, this one was a really strange day.  For those of you who don't know, I am a nurse. A career Med/SURG nurse. I sloth and toll in the world of bedpans and call lights. It's not out of the ordinary for me to hear about the color or texture of bodily fluids on a daily basis. But last year my manager came
to me asking me to work one or two days up in the new outpatient wound care clinic the hospital was starting, and I jumped at the opportunity to learn something new. So twice a week now I surround myself with all sorts of wounds.

I have to say, I honestly love it. I still love bedside nursing as well, though, which means I shuffle back and forth between the two. But today, we got to work to find that the office smelled like a humid forest, and there was mold all over the walls. So, long story short we ended up having to pack up a bunch of supplies and head on down to the endoscopy suite at the hospital to see our patients.  It was very different! Not in a bad way, just different. And then, when we were done for the day my good friend Pat, who was charge nurse today on the Med/SURG floor, asked me if I would mind being on call for tomorrow because the ER was overflowing and she was afraid they'd need another nurse tomorrow.

So now, I am on call tomorrow and if they call me in I'll be working five days straight this week. I'll be loving the money come time to pay bills, but for right now just the thought makes me exhausted. So my dear hubby is making a wonderful dinner and then I'll be off to bed. Yay Monday! Who has time for the blues, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment