Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 5, 2012

Last night was GREAT!

I know it's hard to believe (sarcasm intended), but guess who bowled a 211 last night? CODY DID! It was good to see his enthusiasm about it, even as he tried to act nonchalant about it. Ron and I were both really proud of him. I guess the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.  We were really starting to wonder, what with the teenage-boy hygiene we have going on around this place. But he even showered yesterday, so life is wonderful!!! LOL

Ron and I have been working really, really hard at not much of anything for the past few weeks, and I'm finding myself very, extremely bored. So bored, in fact, that I've been doing scrapbook pages. So I guess I HAVE been working on something, just not something that will keep the house clean or the property up. Oh, well, the wedding album is coming along nicely at least. I'm uploading the pages onto my FLICKR account as I do them, so maybe soon the whole thing will be complete and I can show you all.

I'm still working at weight loss again, and this is week 2 I've been at it. I've been sort of slacking on the exercise department, missing days here and there. But I have greatly cut back on the Cokes I've been drinking, and coffee, and junk, and if you count the days I work as somewhat exercising, and the bowling, then I'm doing great. The first time using the treadmill nearly killed me. I did a 17 minute workout,  then had to quit because I was having somewhat of an asthma attack- I just could NOT breathe without coughing. It's been like that nearly every time, but less intense, and now I've worked up to 30 minutes at a time with very minimal breathing difficulty. I had no idea that I was that far out of shape again, or that my allergies (and let's be honest, smoking) were causing my lungs so much damage. Who'd have thought? But I'm working through it all and attempting to get better.  Ron signed us up to go to the sqaudron Christmas party this year since he's now one of the top 2% of the Air Force because of his rank, and it's an "evening affair" as he says.  So I'm not sure if it's formal or just semi-formal, but I want to be a little more in-shape before I have to go shopping for an outfit for it. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment