Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 19, 2012

Long time since

Hmm, interesting....

I haven't touched this blog in a long, long time, and someone has been looking into my blog just days before I decide to pull it up and see when the last time I blogged was. And it really HAS been a while!

So much has changed for us since the last time I blogged.  Damien has moved out into his own apartment in Wichita Falls and the rest of use have moved on to greener pastures in the Fort Worth area. It's been a real long road getting to where we are now. I didn't even blog about my surgery I had to have done, or Ron's more recent one. Yikes!  Time sure does fly!

We became temporary full-time RVers in May when we first moved down to Fort Worth while we were job hunting. WHAT A PAIN!!! Three big people, two cats and two dogs plus all our stuff makes for a really crowded living experience. I'd have to say, I'd do it again... but with only me and Ron, and no dogs or cats. It was a NIGHTMARE! Mostly because of all the different things that we all "couldn't live without" and the animal food, beds, and toys.  But then we finally were able to close on the house we were buying in September, and it's been wonderful ever since! We bought a house on nearly three acres and have been spending all our free time (which I don't have a lot of anymore) to unpack and get all moved in. I'm going to have my own office now, and so is Ron. Bring on the creativity!!!!

Cody has been doing pretty good in school, for the most part. He has met quite a few new people and has even joined a bowling league here and become quite the bowler. I think he may even rival his dad sometime soon. Who knows?   And Damien is Damien. He's been out job hunting and trying to decide if he's going to go to school or not. We wish he would move out here by us, but we understand that he doesn't want to be here. And that's okay, he's twenty-one now, so he should be able to go do whatever he wants.  He says he has been enjoying living in his own apartment, and I believe him. I still remember how amazing it was to have my own first apartment.

The rest of this year is going to fly by. I have a LOT of hours scheduled at my job, and between it, bowling, and the house there's really not a lot left over. I was able to take Thanksgiving off this year, but will be working Christmas and NewYear's.  I think Damien will come out for Thanksgiving and spend some time with us, which would be GREAT!!! I'll have to take lots of pictures to scrapbook.  We are looking forward to taking a trip to Florida this coming March, for Cody's thing he has going on, I'll have to write more about that later.   That's why I'm working so much, so that we can try to save up some money for that. Well, and all the little things we have to pay for. 

I'll try to get on here more often, but you know me.... scatterbrain!

No comments:

Post a Comment